We are looking for a payroll specialist with a background in HR. Our company values our employees and their families, so we contribute generously to benefits and provide a friendly atmosphere.
The Payroll/Personnel Specialist is responsible for processing weekly payroll, payroll administration, on-boarding new hires and maintaining records in accordance with state and federal regulations. This position reports directly to the HR Manager, but is also a point of contact for management and employees.
- Process weekly payroll for a 90+ US exempt, non-exempt employees.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for payroll related inquiries from employees, managers, and third-party vendors.
- Review timecards for accuracy and follow up as necessary with management and employees.
- Perform a self-audit of weekly payroll before submitting.
- Assist with enforcing HR and payroll policies and procedures.
- Perform payroll/benefits related reconciliations. Resolve discrepancies internally or with third-party administrators.
- Create new employee personnel files and maintain personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Prepare new hire packets in accordance to state and federal laws.
- Schedule and conduct new hire orientations.
- Complete I-9 for new hires and maintain I-9 records.
- Follow up to ensure all eligible employees are signed up for benefits.
- Update HRIS database records and process paperwork for new hires, separations, and other status changes in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with the HR Manager to develop processes and standard operating procedures with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Track performance reviews, work anniversaries and employee birthdays.
- Compile reports from the database as needed.
- Complete verification of employment requests.
- Assist HR Manager with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Additional job-related duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to follow COVID protocol.
- Must be extremely detail orientated with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations.
- Organizational skills to achieve timely progress on multiple simultaneous projects with a high level of productivity and accuracy.
- Creative decision making and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Requires proficiency in technical, workflows and process evaluation skills.
- Experience interpreting and articulating payroll, personnel policies and procedures and employment law.
- Intermediate skills working with MS Office and HRIS software programs.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with professionalism and discretion.
HR Sourcing: (Preferred)
Payroll: 2 – 5 years (Required)
Paid time off
Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail oriented
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm
Qualified candidates can apply directly by emailing HR@anatometal.com